20kW FM professional radio transmitter
20kW FM professional radio transmitter
Available with RF nominal power of 20000W.
The High Power 20 kW FM Transmitter combines a very compact size, costs and maintenance
20.000 W solid state FM transmitter ‐ 41U racks included
FM Modular Transmitter
Ultra-high efficiency line in FM Broadcasting industry with hot swappable PSU
- The new technology, combined with new 65:1 device, is the latest evolution of the world-famous patented COLD-FET™ technology applied on these serie transmitters.
- Ultra high RF efficiency (>70%):
- Hot Swappable Power Supply Units: It makes easier the serviceability and the maintenance. Their tool-less and instant installation from front panel make the transmitters ideal for critical environment systems where no down time can be tolerated.
- Automatic Current Sharing (ACS): the automatic current balancing system is present on each unit to grant a perfect load distribution and very best power supply operating conditions.
- Versatile configuration, high redundancy: different configurations are available for model and number of power supply units installed. They grant the redundancy and a versatile configuration for a very high efficient operation in each condition.
- Hot Plug Version: transmitters over 5 kW can be equipped optionally with the hot plug system to instantly extract the amplifier modules with transmitter in full power.
- Low maintenance costs: thanks to the easy access to all components, external cooling air filters, very high MTBF for RF and power supply modules.
- High frequency stability in short and long terms assured by Digital Phase Locked Loop circuit with low drift VCTCXO.
- Complete WEB SERVER SNMP remote control, available as an option.
- Frequency agile broadband: settable directly from the LCD front panel with 10 KHz steps without needing any tuning tools.
- Maximum security: Meets or exceeds all the international safety standards as the electrical specifications.
- Sound quality
- Switch-mode power supply with power factor control. Highly efficient and widely over-rated power supply modules insure low heating, low AC power consumption and superior reliability. The power factor control circuitry meets the international requirements for mains network disturbances.
- Intelligent protection system: it reduces the output power without on-air interruption, keeping the RF devices always within the safe operating parameter.
- AAD™ technology: it prevents corrosion from air moisture and increases reliability.
- High efficiency cooling system. Thanks to the air-cooling system, the heat-sink temperature can rise only about 10°C above ambient temperature. This guarantees the proper functioning even in sites with extreme climate conditions and high temperature.
FM Transmitter E/PF Series design was optimized to get minimum losses of the passive elements and excellent performances of the active elements to increase the AC efficiency up to more than 70%.
|Frequency range||87.5 to 108 MHz adjustable with 10kHz step|
|Output impedance||50 Ω|
|Deviation capability||±75 kHz, up to ±200 kHz with distortion < 0.5%|
|Pre-emphasis||0, 25, 50, 75 us (selectable)|
|Synchronous AM||(ref. 100% mod.) < – 58 dB|
|Asynchronous AM||(ref. 100% mod.) < – 50 dB|
|RF Probe||-50 dBc, 50 Ω, BNC|
|Power stability||< 2% (ALC)|
|DC to RF efficiency||83% typ|
|Modulation monitoring||BNC connector|
|Pilot tone||hase and Amplitude adjustable from display and WEB interface|
|Log file||Up to 200 dated events memorized in the transmitter memory, accessible from display and WEB interface|
|Modulating input signal||Mono, Stereo (Left, Right, Left Right), Encoded stereo (MPX), SCA, RDS, AUX, Digital AES/EBU|
|Input connectors||Left (XLR connector), Right (XLR connector), MPX (BNC connector), SCA (BNC connector), RDS (BNC connector), AUX (BNC connector), AES/EBU (XLR connector)|
|AUDIO INPUT LEVELS FOR ± 75 KHZ DEVIATION|
|Mono||Adjustable from -9 to 18 dBu|
|Stereo||Adjustable from -9 to 18 dBu|
|MPX||Adjustable from -6 to 6 dBu or from 6 to 18 dBu (selectable at order)|
|AES/EBU||Adjustable from -15 to 0 dBFS|
|Input sensitivity adjustment||With 0,05dB steps by front panel display interface or by WEB interface|
|Limiter||It can be enabled/disabled and adjusted from 30 kHz to 180 kHz by front panel display and WEB interface Internal RDS coder|
|Synchronized||with the 19kHz pilot of the internal stereo coder or the 19kHz pilot of an external MPX signal|
|AC POWER REQUIREMENTS|
|AC supply voltage||115 / 230 VAC ± 15%, single-phase or 230/380 VAC ± 15%, three-phases|
|AC supply frequency||50 Hz or 60 Hz, ±5%|
|Power factor||> 0.9|
|Cooling||Forced air with built-in axial fans / Liquid cooling (optional)|
|Operating temperature||-5°C to 45°C Derate 3°C per 500 m above 2000 mt asl|
|Relative humidity||Up to 95%|
Our new High Power FM Transmitters : Ask the new catalog about our new High Power FM Transmitters: redundant, ELETEC’s devices are designed to ensure reliable broadcasting transmissions.