DAB DAB+ radio Transmitter
Broadcast Eletec can offer you a wide range of digital DAB and DAB+ transmitters.
Today, DAB and DAB+ broadcasting is the solution for digital broadcast in many contries.
DAB-150 Radio DAB/DAB+ Transmitter 150W
Universal Compact, DAB/DAB+ Transmitter, Air cooling, 150Wrms
Radio DAB Transmitters – Digital Audio Broadcasting
Radio DAB Transmitters Extra Efficiency
Supported standards: DAB, DAB+
Excellent MER over 33dB
Very high efficiency
Easy maintenance design
Complete remote control: Web & SNMP
Compatible with all major headend brands
new radio DAB Transmitter is reaching the highest technology level in both Digital Signal Processing and RF domain.
All models are available with overall efficiency up to 42%
Top performances are possible thanks to:
1) Improved digital adaptive precorrection and configuration flexibility
To meet and exceed all the Digital Radio International Broadcasters requirements, optimizing modulation performances in every working condition.
2) High-Efficiency SFK Amplifiers
Latest generation LDMOS devices, more rugged and efficient, special low-loss design of matching and combining system, high-efficiency over 96% power supplies.
Widely reduced overall consumption.
3) Hot pluggable power supplies and RF modules
All RF power modules are hot pluggable for an easy and fast maintenance on site. All RF power modules are equipped with hot pluggable independent power supplies for maximum redundancy and easy selection of the operating mode between single phase or balanced three phases.
The latest generation of industry higher class power supplies grants over 96% efficiency with wider input AC range capability and greater ruggedness.
4) Compact-sized amplifier modules thanks to a new concept of heat sync and ultracompact power supplies, both in air or liquid cooling systems.
A 5 kW rms DAB Transmitter in a single rack is just an example of this extreme compactness.
5) Smart System Design
Latest generation RF combiner technology with ultracompact unbalancing dummy loads and a smart intercommunication interface between RF modules, drivers, and Logical Control System.
1. Compatible with major headend brands, field-proven
2. Compact, flexible and easy to use in any DAB network
3. High power in extremely compact size and top-level efficiency.
4. Built-in SFN adapter and very advanced SWDT®, Software Defined Transmitters technology.
5. EDI /ETI seamless switching with full FEC control tested
6. Typical MER >33dB at all power levels and in all channels with shoulders >37dB without mask filter.
7. Highly stable in SFN network thanks to high quality local oscillator working in combination with embedded GPS built-in receiver.
8. Total remote control through built-in web server SNMP.
The internal web server allows an easy monitoring and configuration through a LAN connection and a standard web browser.
9. High reliability, scalable and flexible configuration modes: dual drive, passive standby or N+1.
- Supported standards: DAB, DAB+
- Frequency range: VHF (III) 170 MHz to 255 MHz, L band on request.
- DAB-Modes: I, II, III, IV.
- Network type: MFN, SFN.
- Bandwidth 1.536 MHz.
- Reference Standard: ITU-T G703-G704, EN 300401, EN 300799, EN 302077-2.
- DAB Signal Input – ETI (NI) 2.048 MHz or ETI (NA), according to ETSI EN 300 799 Input Connectors: BNC (F), 75 – EDI (Encapsulation of DAB Interface) according to ETSI TS 102 693 Input Connectors: Ethernet, RJ45
- Typical MER >33dB at all power levels and in all channels with shoulders >37dB without mask filter.
- Integrated GPS/Glonass Professional Receiver.
- Built-in high stability OCXO.
- Fully qualified for SFN – Hitless input switching
- Seamless switching between EDI/ETI inputs without broadcasting interruption.
- Integrated SNMP management with events log.
- Integrated GbE interface for management
- Digital linear adaptive pre-correction.
- Digital non-linear adaptive precorrection with automatic curves loading for each channel and power levels.
- Wide Range Power Supply 90-264 V AC (3 phase) in fuse-free configuration (SW Standby Switch).
- Quick-acting protection circuits against overpower and direct/reflected power.
- Protection against reflected power with automatic fold-back.
- Easy SW/FW update.
- Security Authentication for GUI access • High Definition Color Display.
VHF (Band III): 170 to 255 MHz, in 1 Hz Step. L-Band on request
Available standards (all standars are full compliant):
Digital Audio Broadcasting: DAB, DAB+, T-DMB (on request)
AC Line Voltage: 380 to 415 (3 phases), 208 to 240 Delta or Star; 47 Hz to 63 Hz (specify at order)
AC Line variations: +/- 15%
Power factor: 0,98
Altitude: Max. 2500 m above sea level (> 2500 m on request)
Operating temperature range: -10°C to +45°C at sea level, upper limit derated of 2°C per 300m over 1000 m above sea level
relative humidity: 95 %, not-condensing
Cooling method: Forced Air with external heat exchanger with redundant pump and fan
Output power range: 150 W rms
RF load impedance: 50 Ohm
VSWR: Power reduction after exceeding the set value or switch off after three attempts
RF Output connector: See Specific Data Sheet or selection table in the next page
Reference frequency: 10 MHz, 0.1 V to 5 V (Vpp) or TTL, BNC
Reference pulse: 1pps (1 Hz, TTL, BNC)
Operations Control and Monitoring
Web based interface
SNMP V1 V2 V3
Telnet access via ethernet
Extensive front panel control (color display, keypad)
Local terminal on RS232 or LAN
USB for upgrade
Compliance and Conformity:
Radio Equipment Directive (RED): 2014/53/EU
Safety: EN 60215
EMC: EN 301-4891-1 – ETSI EN 302 296-2 V1.2.1 (2011-05)
Manufacturing: iSO 9001:2015
Screen DAB 150
Output Band: VHF (III)
Working Class: AB
Output Connector: 7/16″
Shoulders (@ Fo 0,770 MHz DAB): -37
DAB Output power W rms MER>33: 180